The Noise has been working in Bristol since 2001, partnering with local churches and community groups. 2017 saw the largest Noise weekend to date, take place over the May Bank Holiday weekend with community projects and free family fun afternoons taking place in 11 communities across the city with over 900 local volunteers. In 2018 only, Bristol Noise is partnering with other organizations to run Hope Bristol 2018 – a four-day community action event in up to 18 communities across the city. The event will build on the seventeen years that Bristol Noise has worked in urban communities, partnering local volunteers with young people volunteering from across the country to serve the urban priority estates and more deprived areas of Bristol. In Southmead, it is 10 years anniversary of The Noise working in this awesome community.
Hope Bristol is happening from 4-7 April 2018 (during the Easter school holidays), where hundreds of local people will unite with young people from across the UK to serve local communities in Bristol, to continue the vision of the Noise to ‘show God’s love in practical ways’ but also inspire a next generation to catch a vision for their own communities by getting stuck into what the church is doing here in Bristol. We are excited about all this is happening locally and across Bristol.
So what is happening locally in Southmead and Brentry? These are the details that we have at time of going to print.
- Noise community projects – Wednesday 4th April, across the community
- Make Lunch + Kids Club – Wednesday 4th – Friday 6th April (afternoons, time TBC) at St Stephens Church, Ullswater Road.
- Senior Citizens’ Cream Tea – Thursday 5th April (2.30-4.30pm) at New Brunswick URC, Wigton Crescent
- Family Fun Event in Brentry – Friday 6th April (afternoon, time TBC) at Brentry Primary School
- Family Fun Event in Southmead – Saturday 7th April (12-2pm) at Glencoyne Square.